Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bouquet of LOVE

I am loving our little rose garden every time I look out our kitchen window.
For Outdoor Wednesday, I wanted to share some of our roses with you.

I have taken roses to friends and enjoy a vase of them inside. Their fragrance is sensational.:-)

I wish I could pick a huge beautiful bouquet for each of you!


Our son gave us two of these lovely rose bushes for our wedding anniversary about 7 years ago. I asked. " Why two of the very same? "
Kev replied, "Because you have lived together so long you are starting to look alike! "
:-) Funny boy!

These orange ones are gorgeous and vibrant!

I also wish I could take a big bouquet of roses to my blogging friend, Niki, in Mesa Arizona.
Instead I am hoping to invite as many of you, as can to reach out to her during this difficult time and send her a huge bouquet of love and support. I actually spoke with her on the phone this week and found her to be a wonderful lady and a very concerned mom, for her 13 year old son.


Niki doesn’t have a very big family of support and I hope the blogging community can rally around her.
Then All of her blog of 134 posts were accidentally deleted this week.
So she lost contact with so many of her friends she has made.
Lets send Niki, a huge bouquet of L♥VE!
Please visit her at:
http://pumpkincountry.blogspot.com/
or the button for Marcus on my sidebar.
You will be able to keep up with his recovery.:-)

Marcus had his surgery today for Chiari I Malformation (click) and it was more extensive than they thought.
These are his pics Tuesday morning prior to surgery.
I love his brave cute smile!

The surgery he had...

Marcus resting after surgery in the pediatric ICU.
I do hope you can send her some love over at her blog or at Marcus's...

Happy Out Door Wednesday everyone! Please hop on over to see more Outdoor offerings at our lovely Friend, Susan at A Southern Day Dreamer . She graciously hosts this event each week.

Thank You Susan!

Wishing you each a HUGE BOUQUET of L♥ve this day!

Thanks, Beth

44 comments:

Claudia said...

my prayers are with you.

Thanks for sharing.

TTFN~~Claudia

farmerswife17 said...

Wow, I just love the flowers in your yard! Thanks for sharing your lovelies on your blog. I have been out of the blogging world for a bit and just catching up tonight.

What a hard thing for this young boy to have to go through. My thoughts and prayers are with him and is family.

Mimi Sue said...

Your roses are so beautiful. I'm on my way over to say hi to Marcus's mom. Mimi

Hootin Anni said...

Wow, wow, wow....just WOW!! Gorgeous roses.

My Outdoor Wednesday is now posted. It's a slideshow of our Star's Walk of Fame. Come by and view if you can. I'd love to have your company....

Jennifer said...

Good Morning Beth! Your roses are absolutely stunning! I love all of the color that you have. Roses are my most favorite flower ever. The gift from your son was so sweet! It gave me quite a giggle this morning.

I'll stop off at Niki's blog. I feel so badly for her. It is so sweet of you to share her story with everyone and I am sure she appreciates all of the extra prayers that are being lifted on their behalf.

xo, Jennifer

g.suzie said...

Beautiful roses, you must be a very kind and thoughtful person, reaching out to give others support! I hope all goes well for this young boy!

Jan said...

The rose will never be nothing but gorgeous. I thank Heavenly Father for them.

I am sorry to hear about the boy. That is so very sad.

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

What beautiful roses! I was wondering how Marcus was doing...thanks for the update, I'll stop in. I wish you could take some roses to Niki today too....♥

Darlene said...

What BEAUTIFUL roses you have in your garden. I bet they put a huge smile on your face each and every time you look at them.

I will be holding Niki and her son in my prayers.♥

Shauna said...

I LOVE roses and they are beautiful! Praying for your son! ♥ Hugs~!

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Thoughtful post...now I'm off to visit your friend...

Just a little something from Judy said...

Your roses are so very pretty! I really appreciate your caring spirit for Marcus and his mother. What a privilege it is for us to be able to reach out to each other through good and painful times. Thank you for sharing your concern with us. I will visit her.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your roses are truly beautiful. I'll keep Marcus in my prayers and hope he has a speedy recovery. Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your bouquets of Love...Your roses are doing great and it's beautiful...mine not doing great like yours...I will pay a visit of your frend..and Marcus will be in my thoughts and prayers..Kathy

Anonymous said...

The poor family. At least he has had the surgery he needed now. I hope he makes a quick recovery from it.

Your roses are beautiful. They are my favourite scent- especially the old bourbon ones.

stefanie said...

beautiful roses, i will keep marcus in my prayers.

RobinfromCA said...

Gorgeous roses - funny son!
Definitely praying for Marcus. I hope his surgery was successful.
Hugs,
Robin

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Beth, I will be sure to go over. I just said a prayer for Marcus.

Love your beautiful roses. I wish I could smell them. I am resting after a full morning beginning before 8:00 a.m. with M-E-N. I had chain saws and stump grinders and pruners and wood chippers and lawn mowers and edgers, etc. going. I feel enervated, but I am thanking God that the trees are at least settled. The yard is another story for another day. Looking at that sweet boy lying in the hospital bed puts the rest in perspective.

Sending you much love from the jungle heat of Florida...

XO,

Sheila :-)

bj said...

Oh, I will go right over to wish them well and offer my prayers.
xo bj

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Great photos, and wishing a speedy recovery!

Simply Debbie said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Beth,
your roses are just gorgeous...I love the story about your son buying you two rose bushes just alike....that was really quite the compliment.
I will be going to pumpkin's country place to lift her up and I will bombard heaven with prayers for marcus. I will snag his picture and put it on my blog
I joined as a follower of your blog
hugs
debbie

honeysuckle said...

Beth you are so lucky to have those gorgeous roses in your yard. I think the white one tinged with color is my Ashley's favorite rose. I cannot remember the name of it. You are so kind to help others in their need I will visit the Marcus's moms site and hopefully all our efforts and prayers will help. I do believe in the miracle of prayer!

Marie Rayner said...

What beautiful roses. Praying for Marcus.xxoo

CB said...

Your roses are amazing - Beautiful color and I love how your son got 2 of the same because you are starting to look alike - so cute!

I hope you son is doing well after his surgery.

{{Hugs}} to you and your family.

CB said...

I feel so dumb but I am catching up on everyone's blogs and I just read more of your blog posts and realized Marcus is not your son but a son of a sweet friend.

You have a big and loving heart. I will have to go visit her if I can and keep up with Marcus's progress. He has such a super smile. Kids are so amazing even when they are going through something so tough!

Anonymous said...

I can smell them, I can smell them! LoL You're rose where there's yellow that fades into white but then have pink edges is really something.

On a more serious note, I will Beth. I will pray for dear Marcus and for his family to have the strength all they need.

Li

Picket said...

Morning sweetie...your roses are glorious and my favorite is the yellow one! I am so sorry to hear about your friend's son..there is nothing so heart wrenching for a mama than to watch her child suffer...I will go visit her and my prayers are with her and her son...beautiful post dear friend.you are always thinking of others...have a great day girl!~♥~

Robin Lambright said...

Thanks for stopping my my blog yesterday!

Beautiful roses!

I always love new visitors!

Blessings
Robin

Brenda Pruitt said...

Brave boy. You are so sweet to do this. The roses, so becoming. I am not having much luck with roses this year. We went to 100 degrees in the shade real quick. And my yard is still a mess!
Bredna

RobinfromCA said...

Had to stop back again and just thank you for the LOL you gave me on the "peculiar people" remark! Yep, us and the birds!

Robin

Chandy said...

So much roses to beautify your surroundings! You are so lucky to have had them flourish. I killed one before and I was just thoroughly traumatized but I am so wanting to try again.

I will visit your friend and hope and pray that all will be well with her and her son... You are such a good friend to invite others to get to know her. ;-)

The tribute for G made us smile, too!

~Niki~ said...

thanks *b* ;)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Beth, I wish we could find a common ancestor. That would be SO neat. If you ever want to write me to compare (you can email me on my blog), I will try to jump start my brain and see if we have any in common. Something tells me, we probably do!

I am related to my friend Nancy (we share a mutual gggggg grandfather), and I found a copy of his will in Virgiina. The brothers were all very close. She's one of my favorite people. Interestingly, that particular ancestor prayed a prayer of blessing over his descendants, and I feel like Nancy and I were blessing each other long before we found out we were related. Finding out the last was the icing on the cake to me as a genealogist.

Love to you and hoping you have a great weekend...

XO,

Sheila :-)

jeanne said...

Beth, I am so glad you posted about Marcus. The poor thing and I know his mom is suffering for him. We moms are like that. I will go to their site in just a few minutes.

First I have to tell you your roses are gorgeous. How sweet of your son to buy you two matching rose bushes. I want to plant some knockout roses this summer. I hope I find time to do it. I hope mine grow beautiful like yours. Roses are a special treat and to grow them that pretty is a blessing.

Next I want you to know how much I enjoy your beautiful comments and faithful visits. Your good wishes for safe travels meant a lot to us. It worked, we came home safe and sound.

Have fun at your reunion Beth. Family gatherings are the best.

I am on my way to support and share some love with Marcus and his mom.

Be safe in your travels.

Hugs...Jeanne

Ms. Tee said...

Oh, bless his heart, I'll definitely keep them in my prayers. Your roses are beautiful!

susette said...

What a warm and sweet, delightful lady you are. The roses are so beautiful too.

Brenda said...

Hello my Dear Friend!

Best wishes to Marcus and his family.

Your flowers are beatiful!

Brandon, my son was welcomed by Elder Craig. He is happy to be in Virginia (Norfolk)!

Have a HAPPY day!
Brenda

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Love the beautiful roses. Thanks for sharing them with us. Next stop...your friend, Niki. What a great way to use Blog networking...very thoughtful!

Ashley said...

Those are soooooo gorgeous! I would love to have roses like those some day!

Elizabeth said...

Hey, Beth - I love your roses so much. Aren't they a gorgeous flower? Favorite! I hope this young man is alright. Any updates?

Love and hugs,
Elizabeth

Picket said...

Morning girl..just wanted to come by and say hi and that I hope you are having a beautiful week...Love ya girl~♥~

Jen said...

I LOVE roses and yours are incredibly beautiful as you can attest to my garden blog! I'm so sorry to hear about Marcus and his surgery. I hope he heals well and that it is a success! I've missed you at my blog. I sent you an invite a while back, but haven't seen you around.

Love"manila condominiums"Ly said...

The roses are beautiful
Let’s all be thankful that the surgery was successful.

Ange"rug cleaning Los Angeles"Lyn said...

I admire Marcus’s courage and braveness.
My prayers are with you and your family.