Sunday, April 4, 2010

I Stand All Amazed

Artist Greg Olsen

I love Greg Olsen's paintings and we have several of his works, hanging in our home.
This one of the resurection is hanging in our family room.
This is also 'one' of my many favorite
hymns. I have been humming it all day.
It humbles me and brings tears of gratitude for
ALL our loving Savior, Jesus Christ did/does for us.

I Stand All Amazed
I stand all Amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.
~
~
Oh, it is wonderful, that he should care for me Enough to
die for me! Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine,
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine.
That he should extend his great love unto such as I.
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.
~
Oh, it is wonderful, that he should care for me Enough to
die for me! Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
~
I think of his hand pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.
~Oh, it is wonderful, that he should care for me Enough to
die for me! Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
Written by Charles H. Gabriel B. August 18, 1856, Wilton, Iowa -
D. September 14, 1932, Hollywood, California

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that man lay down his life for his friends.
*

Wherefore, Be of good cheer and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the son of the living God, that I was, that I am and that I am to come.
D&C 68:6
What comfort the scriptures are to me!
Be of good cheer, and enjoy a Beautiful Easter Season!

Love, Beth
My computer has suffered a major breakdown! It is suffering with a  major virus and is full of infections. It is still in the Geek Box Hospital and hopefully they can repair it and retrieve all my documents;{

This is a repost from last year. I hope to be visiting all of you soon:)

27 comments:

Tanielle said...

One of my very favorite hymns!!! I am always humbled when I hear it. Thanks for sharing!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Picket said...

That is beautiful girl....I do hope you are feeling better and back to your old self in no time...Have a great Sunday evening girl!

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

I love this song! It was the first hymn I learned to play on the paino! ♥

Anonymous said...

thank you for that beautiful post! i love that picture and that song.

Sue said...

Hi Beth,
I also stand amazed at what my savior did and what He continues to do for me!! Thank you for sharing the picture is so beautiful too.

I would love for you to share your sixth photo in your sixth file, I had so much fun with mine.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit and for leaving me always such sweet words. Yes it is so hard to say good by to those and our other sweeties.
Praying you will have a most blessed Sunday.
Sue

Mimi Sue said...

It is truly amazing. Have a wonderful sabbath. Mimi

KayEllen said...

Beautiful Beth!

We are so blessed,

Love the scripture you posted.

Have a wonderful weekend.

kayellen

Melly said...

oh that's a beautiful hymn and a beautiful painting.

God bless you
Melly:)

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I have never heard this song, that I know of. It is so pretty.
God Bless,
Ginger

SmilingSally said...

This song is new to me too. It does make me thing of "I Stand Amazed," an old hymn. The words are similar, but the melody is quite different. Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

Magnolia Memories08 said...

Beth what a beautiful blog,filled with all the love and inspiration that one could need.It is always so nice to find blogs that really make you feel very welcome.Yours is that kind of a blog.
Look forward to becoming a regular visitor.
Have a great Sunday..
I'll be back for mor inspiration.
Vikki

Saleslady371 said...

What lovely words to describe the Savior. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Beautiful post, Beth! Thank you!!

Musings of A Minister said...

Great song. I am amazed that in all my years, I have never heard it. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

I would like to hear this song sung. I have never heard it, but the words are great. Someone else made the comment that it reminded them of the old hymn "I Stand Amazed". We used to sing that all the time but have not sung it in a long time.
Thank you for sharing with us today.
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth. I came back to hear the song. It really is a beautiful song. You're right. I had my sound muted. I'm glad I came back.
Charlotte

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
I have never heard this song before either. Thank you for sharing it with us and have a beautiful Sunday.

Blessings,
Sandi

Julie said...

That picture is Breathtaking...Beautiful Post..Julie

The Muse said...

no greater gift....
:)

may you be blessed most abundantly, Beth!

Just a little something from Judy said...

So amazing and so comforting. Thank you for sharing this picture and song. I am continually amazed at His Grace and Mercy in my life.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Hymn Beth. I hadn't heard it before.

I hope you have a great week full of ideas and inspiration.

Alicia Robbins said...

Love that picture!!! And that you included the hymn words. I too, am a Greg Olson fan, and oddly enough I posted a project I did with his work for my granddaughters.
Hope you are feeling better.
Have a Lovely Day~
Alicia

honeysuckle said...

Beth, This is my favorite hymn of all! I love it's message and the music. Thanks for letting me sing it in my head as I read your post. Blessings to you!

susan said...

Beth-This is definitely worth a repost! I feel for you on the computer bug--I got a terrible one a few weeks ago and had to call in the professionals too. I love the idea of the tall twigs in the short and squatty vases for the wedding. Hope we'll get to see pictures!

~Niki~ said...

oh I hate computer problems. we're so addicted to the internet daily, we don't know what to do when our pc's are sick LOL. I haven't been back to connie's site in a while. I've been busy working my tail off at home! Nice, but the work is always there and you never 'go home'. I'm enjoying staying home tho.
I miss chatting w/ you!

jeanne said...

Beth this repost is beautiful. I have not seen it before, so it was a joy and a blessing.

I am sooo sorry your computer is ill. Please make it better soon.
Blessings and love, Jeanne

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I love both this painting and this hymn.
Thank you for your prayers regarding my mom. She had the "cement" procedure done today. It looks good so far. Time will tell and so will the Lord. He knows best.
Mary Lou