Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Stitchin' Picasso

My daughter has done it again!  She simply amazes me with all of her talents including being one of  the best 'piecemakers' I know.

She created this Valentine masterpiece last week by using the fabrics she had on hand, lovingly known as her stash.

Since she was a small girl she would ask us for graph paper and it has been a joy to see everything she has created, first on her paper and then translated into beautiful masterpieces.  She has created gorgeous outdoor landscaping  and fabulous quilts.


   Isn't this just plain cute?

One of her other masterpieces she made for her family room. It  has become one of my favorites.  I have let her know OFTEN how much I LOVE it.
I love all the colors and her quilting and the way she put them together. She earned  a degree in Geography and was an Urban Planner before becoming a mommy, so the old world maps throughout this quilt suits her.

Well it worked because...

Look at the beautiful new quilt she is making for our family room. She said it will be our Valentines.  I am so excited:)

I will show you the finished quilt soon...

"Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love."



             I hope you all are staying warm until spring arrives!

Love, Beth

31 comments:

CB said...

These quilts are masterpieces! I so envy those who have such wonderful skills! She does a really beautiful job.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Screamin! I didn't realize that was your daughter!
I sent her link to my friend who is a quilter and she's going to help me do one.....I'm a total quilt-dork.

I love the heart one. So so so darling!

Barb said...

Hi Beth!

I just love to see those beautiful quilts! I so envy people who can do that fabulous work - it IS an art form, I don't know very many people who can do what your daughter does! I guess we can all develop those skills too, we just have to work at it! Thank you so much for sharing! I love your new header, very pretty!

Hugs,
Barb

Pattie D said...

I love it! I want one too! Maybe when things slow down...hahaha! Hope all is well with you...

The Gathering Place said...

How lucky to have your own quilt maker! I love the colors in them!

Anonymous said...

I saw this on her blog...it is so awesome! :D

KayC. said...

Just beautiful, a work of art!

Marie Rayner said...

Beth, I would say she is very talented, just like her mom! How beautiful!

Pedaling said...

wow, that is a beautiful creation. i'd like to learn to quilt someday.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Sweetie Pie! Those quilts are just wonderful, Beth. Your daughter is some kind of talented. I love each of them. And how sweet that she made that one for you!!! That makes it extra special.

I have missed you and am so glad you posted tody. My computer is having major issues. I took it in, and it needs to go in for three days, maybe more. At least he got it running again. I couldn't log on all day. I had to use Mr. Magpie's early this morning, and I emailed Susan to tell her to link me up! LOL! But I wanted to be sure and drop by here to tell you how glad I am to "see" you.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Love you...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Nicole said...

Thankyou for your sweet comment, I have missed hearing from you. Life gets crazy doesn't it. I LOVE your daughters quilts, wow, how talented. I have a table topper that I made using the bottom fabrics. I think you blog looks wonderful, bright and cheery just like I want mine too!

Mary Bergfeld said...

How very talented she is and how very proud of her you are :-). It's wonderful to see that kind of relationship. This was my first visit to your blog, but I'll definitely be back. You've created a lovely place to visit. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Jeanne said...

Hello Beth, I know I have not been over lately. My whole life is playing catch up. I used to think it was a temporary thing, now I know it IS my life. HA!

Your daughter is a quilt artist. She has done a beautiful job and the heart wall hanging. So clever. It pays to keep a stash! This is a quilt of pure love.

I look forward to seeing the finished quilt she is making for you. Your daughter is a treasure.

I hope you are keeping warm. This bad weather is so wide spread.

Warm hugs and blessings,
Jeanne

The Muse said...

oh that is most lovely. a quilt like that will be a memory keeper for years to come :)and to know that your daughter touched each piece...one can never surpass that from a store bought one.
she should be very pleased and feel blessed :) yes a true gift ... :)

The Muse said...

oh that is most lovely. a quilt like that will be a memory keeper for years to come :)and to know that your daughter touched each piece...one can never surpass that from a store bought one.
she should be very pleased and feel blessed :) yes a true gift ... :)

Doran & Jody said...

I would LOVE to do stuff like this. My mother does the same type of things. She is also way talenter than I.

I will stick with the rag quilts, where precise does not matter as much.

CB said...

Hello busy lady - Just wanted to remind you that we have book club today - Hope you'll join us!

Caroline said...

That's so wonderful projects. I am always inspired by all the fabulous creativity in blogland..My mom used
to quilt like this.

rustycupboard said...

I love all of them wonderful job

CB said...

I need to write you an e-mail about your recent comment but do not have your e-mail address. So if you get this please e-mail me at cheriebakow@hotmail.com

It was fun to hear from you!

Hostel Dublin said...

Very Wonderful piece of art.
You did show amazing creativity. Keep it up. I will surely bookmark your blog.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Windshield Replacement MN said...

Amazing quilts!
You have indeed a grateful hands to create such wonderful stitching's.

They were beautiful and simply nice. Thanks a lot for sharing. I enjoy looking at those works.

Auto Glass Minneapolis said...

First and foremost, you had a nice theme design and next; your blog post. It really informs many readers and provides us just the useful and important ideas. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Minneapolis Auto Glass said...

Good quality and looks of a stitches. You had a great work there, cute designs and very resourceful. Thanks for sharing.

ostello firenze said...

very wonderful!

Home Cash Access said...

You must be proud of yourself for creating nice and creative quilts like this. Very professional look. Keep doing beautiful things as this.

Home Income Cash Machine said...

That was a wonderful post. I have gained just enough idea with the tips you have given. Keep it up.

Web Design Company Sydney said...

Wow!! She must be a designer. She can do it creatively. You should help her enhance it. =)

Electronic Cigarette said...

Your version of this quilt stitchin Picasso is really nice. I adore the looks and how you made it creatively.

Lean Muscle X said...

I've never seen nice scenery like this before. It was a nice thing to be in that kind of place, you really preserved and took good care of it.
Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely comeback.

Minnesota SEO said...

Nice post. Thanks. it looks really great and very informative.. Keep posting.