Anyway it definitely is at our home.
I want to thank all who have sent emails and messages, especially for your prayers and loving thoughts these past few months. 2010 has been the most stressful year! We look forward to a brand new bright shining one:) Thank you for helping me keep the 'light on' and encouraging me to return to blogging again.
For years I have longed for my precious mom to live close enough to our family,
to be able enjoy all her grandchildren who live in Utah. Well, we got our wish when we moved her here, several months ago.:D
Now after 2 of these trucks shucked full,
plus lots of other vehicles, a storage unit which is now thankfully empty, ( a few of our garages which still are full;) a couple estate sales, we are finally able to celebrate the holidays!
It has taken us a while to sort through legal matters and empty (long distance) 65 years of family life out of her 3000 sq foot home and settle her comfortably into her new 600 sq foot apartment.
On the top floor she has these most magnificent views of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains out of her front windows and deck.
which she has enjoyed the watching the many changes of her view daily. My daughter captured these pictures as the beautiful colors turned to autumn and now are beautiful white caped giants.
Mom had to give up her home, beloved poodle, car and leave friends to make a new life in a different state. She has had some major setbacks including 5 falls with the first one giving her a concussion, then physical therapy. She also had to have major surgery in October. Too many things too fast for her to handle or any of us! My time has been well spent with my darling mom. :)
Now her tree up and ours is too,
Wonderful smells are coming from both of our kitchens, she made caramel corn for her great grands this morning:)
She also is taking delight in decorating her space around the entrance to her her apartment.
(I remember this, Mom's grandmother's table which sat right next to Grandma Sarah's bed when I was 3 years old. She always kept mints in the drawer and would treat each of us when we went to visit. Just a wonderful memory of my childhood.)
Mom is making sure she mixes things up a bit at her senior citizen apartments where she took it upon herself to decorate the public greeting area on their floor and exercise area. She even hung a wreathe on the tread mills!!! LOL!
So down came the exercise and heart rate charts you would see in many of these exercise spaces and up came some of the decorations of my childhood!!!
I hope she can keep her spunk up she has developed in her 84 years of life as she continues to make new friends.
I made these delectable morsels last week and they are a perfect treat for the Christmas season. I hope you enjoy them too! I found the recipe on the bag of Reese's miniature Peanut Butter cups.
Peanut Butter Chocolate 'Cups'
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed firm
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. milk
40 mini peanut butter cups
Sift together first three dry ingredients. Set aside. Cream together both butters and both sugars til fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and milk.
Add flour mixture and mix well.
Shape into 40 small balls (about the size of a very large grape) and place each into ungreased mini muffin pan.
Bake at 375º for 7 minutes (do not over bake!)
Remove from oven and immediately press an unwrapped peanut butter cup into each. The cookies will crack around the candy.
(optional: after peanut butter cups have melted, place one white chocolate or butterscotch chip, pointy-side down, in the center of each cookie. )
Let cool then... and carefully take a knife around the edges to lift out
Then remember to share!
Miss P Mc Call and a couple of her friends came in from school this week and devoured some (a lot) of these these wonderful morsels:)
I hope you are cherishing this most wonderful time of the year with those you love the very most!
Love, Beth

17 comments:
The Peanut Butter Choc. cups look DELISH!!! I am going to make those. I'm guessing they wont turn out nearly as pretty as yours. Have a wonderful Holiday season! I'm so happy that it has been so successful - you deserve it!
Hi Beth!
It is so good to see you again! I have been wondering where you were! I understand, too well, about the care and attention our elderly parents need - isn't it a wonderful opportunity to be their caretaker for a change, and give back just a little of the love that they gave us all those years?! She sounds like a hoot! I wish I would have know her when she lived here. How adorable to decorate the treadmill!
The peanut butter cups look delicious! I don't think they would last long around my crew either... ;0)
So glad that things are alright with you.
Hugs,
Barb
Hello my Dear friend!
So Good to hear from you again! I've missed you! Welcome back! I hope things are going well for you.
How wonderful to have your dear Mother with you! That is wonderful news!
The recipes look GREAT! Wishing you a joyous Season with your Family! My boy will be HOME next year! I can hardly wait!
Sending Christmas HUGS!
Love, Brenda
Here's hoping 2011 will be less stressful for you. Merry Christmas, my fellow grandma of Mikey the Great!
Hi there..I have missed you! Sounds like you have been major busy! How blessed she is to have your help and you to have her near. I love the view from her deck too..awesome! Too bad she had to give up her poodle though. Thanks for the recipe, looks yummy! You guys have a great Christmas! ;D
I do hope that 2011 will be a less stressful year for you. Your mom sounds like a delightful lady. I smiled as I read about her decorating the exercise room. Makes me want to go put a wreath on my own treadmill. I'm so glad she is now living close to you and her grands. The view from her new home looks gorgeous!!
Your mom sounds like an absolute riot!
Too cute that she's decorating.
What a beautiful woman.
The PB cups looks divine!
I need the holidays to be over, cuz my butt is getting way too big!
Glad you're back! Those cookies look delicious. We had my mom live with us the last 4 years of her life and I wouldn't give up one minute of it. I miss her so much, especially around the holidays. Give your mom a big hug from me and enjoy every day you have with her. Mimi
How wonderful that you can have your mom close to you! Something about being near to Mom, that just makes everything alright in the world. It is a wonderful time of the year and I love that you have shared some of that with us.
I love grandma. You are so much like her. Give her a huge hug for me. I'm glad her view is gorgeous. She needs beauty in her life.
Christmas Blessings to you and your family, From my mountain to yours Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
Your mom is so cute and she does sound like she has alot of spunk for her age! I love that she has taken it upon herself to decorate her new home. It can't be easy to leave all you know behind even if you are going to be near family - very hard.
She is so lucky to have you - I can tell from the way you talk about her that she is very dear to you.
It is wonderful to see.
Merry Christmas!
Dropping by on Christmas Eve, dear Beth, to let you know that I am thinking of you and wishing you and your entire family a very Merry Christmas!
Your mother is a marvel, and I hope I have her spunk at her age. Just amazing. She reminds me of my MIL who is a human dynamo! :-)
Hope your Christmas and the New Year to come are both especially blessed just as you have been a blessing to me.
I love you, my sweet, sweet friend...
XO,
Sheila :-)
oh my goodness, peanut butter cookies are my fav!!! I really did NOT need this recipe, but thanks!!!! ;)
Your Christmas tree is very beautiful and superb, you prepared a very yummy dish, i also cook it before two days with strawberry cream.
How east to cook it. I really wonder to watch your yummy dishes ingredients these are very simple but looks very yummy and really delicious dish.
Hello my dear friend! I know it's too late to comment to this post but, I will still do so. :) Looks like your mom really is having a great time working on all these, and she did an awesome job, and you too! Your peanut butter cups looks so yummy! :0
I hope you'll have a blast on Christmas this year and definitely have fun! Hugs to infinity! :)
Post a Comment