Women's Daybook FOR TODAY, November 2, 2011...
Outside My Window... After a perfect Fall day yesterday with a balmy 66 degrees for the Trick or Treaters, we woke up to a soft rain which soon turned to SNOW! I am so happy it wasn't the stick to the ground snow though:)
The Fall colors are still so rich and beautiful. I love Fall!
I am thinking... I will sure be glad when our home is finally cleaned and our yard (life) is back to normal! This disaster Company have literally been cleaning our home for over a week! FINALLY!
If you click on the window you will see what we have been dealing with.
We had a nasty accident in February when a construction companies' backhoe's (while taking down a 50+ foot Elm tree) hose broke loose and sprayed hydraulic oil covering the back of our home. This is looking out of our back windows.
We had 60 mile an hour winds which whipped the oil even around to the front of our home covering everything in its path with sticky oil.
It literally looked like white Karo syrup was dripping down our windows, trees and shrubs etc..I will do a post about this hopefully soon.:)
I am thankful for... A new beautiful granddaughter. Each new little one is such a cherished miracle.
Ginny Kay was born Oct 8, 2011
She weighed 7lbs 6.5oz and 20 inches long
Her mommy is one of the most amazing women who can stay cool and collected under pressure, I know. Not only did she give birth naturally, and at home, but she was able to deliver her own daughter, practically by herself! AMAZING!
(Don't try this at home! She has her masters in midwifery from George Town University after graduating from BYU with her RN.)
She was so contended with life. I hope for her mommy's sake she continues to be.
She was so contended with life. I hope for her mommy's sake she continues to be.
She is an adorable blondie
I enjoyed my time staying and getting as many baby loves as I could from both of our Colorado babies for a week and also from their newly transplanted Virginia cousins.
Ali, our oldest grandchild is holding her new little cousin while big brother checks out his tiny sister on her Birthday..
From the kitchen... We have been enjoying a healthier take on a delicious vegetable loaded Calzone. This week, I filled it full of diced tomatoes, hot pepper flakes, spinach, pineapple, sauteed onions and sweet peppers, turkey pepperoni and low fat mozzarella cheese.
It is so yummy!
I am creating... a mess! Doing lots of paper organizing and e-mails! I was called to a new position in our ward (church congregation) this past weekend. I am now serving back with my sisters in the Relief Society, which I love and is the women's organization of our church. We have a presidency meeting tonight and I have been getting prepared. I have been serving on a stake level (8 wards in our stake) for almost 6 years with the Young Single Adults. I will miss them, yet I am so excited to be back with our friends in our own ward.
I am going... to be with our family at little Ginny's blessing this weekend. Most of her cousins will be there, so it shall be another memory making weekend.
I am reading... "The Children of the Promise" ... again.
I am hoping... My mom will get her scooter tonight, which will alleviate stress and pressure on her heart. We spent another lovely day together yesterday. I cherish these days!
I am hearing... Soft music playing.
Around the house... I have men looking in my windows! :?
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... is Christmas shopping and finish planning a surprise 85th B-day party for my mom later this month. 80 have already sent their RSVP.
Here are some picture's from last night I thought I would share of three of our grandchildren before they left to go Trick or Treating...
And just as a closing thought for today ...

18 comments:
the pirate is my all time favorite Halloween costume.
You've been busy with the good the bad and the messy!
such a beautiful new baby granddaughter--I'm thinking that's a birth story I need to check out!
Wonderful post. In spite of the oil disaster, you are living such a full and happy life. Congratulations on your new granddaughter!!
XO,
Jane
YIKES on the house mess. YUK.
Hopefully you'll be back to "normal" before you know it.
Beautiful new little baby.
So gorgeous.
Oh how I loved your daybook. I have missed your posts Beth. Sorry to read of the oil disaster at your home, but glad it is being sorted. I also enjoyed all of your pictures, especially that wee little new granddaughter of yours. How perfectly sweet. I send much love and hugs to you dear friend. xxoo
Hi there...wow, what a nightmare with the oil and your house, I would freak out! And wow to her delivering her own baby..that is so amazing! What a darling baby too. Love the kids and the calazone too. God bless in the calling too, I am sure you are the best. :D
I nearly cried I was so glad to have news of you! YEA! Okay, the oil is not "yea," but so much in the post is! What on earth happened? I am just relieved that you got it taken care of. What a nightmare that must have been!
And the baby is darling and so are the other grands. And what fun to be planning a surprise birthday for your mother. Sounds like things are going well.
And I had to laugh at this...
"I am creating... a mess!"
And also the Peeping Toms. Let's hope they will be done peeping soon!
Love you and loved your visit.
XO,
Sheila
Well there you are - You have been missed. I can see that you have been busy with beautiful new babies and fun Halloween costumes and whipping up good food in the kitchen.
Oh my and that disaster - I just feel so bad because it must have been such a huge mess and your home/yard is so beautiful. So sorry that happened.
It's a great time of year to snuggle up with some good books - I love the Children of the Promise.
Have a Happy Day!
It was good to catch up with you.
Hi Beth!
So good to see you back on-line! I have been going through your last couple of posts - wow, what a beautiful family you have, and your mom is just adorable - I can see that she is very loved!
Sounds like you are dealing with a huge mess! I hope that you can get it cleaned up really soon . . . before the snow flies!
I love LeAnn, she is like a sister to me! I feel so blessed to have her as my daughters "mom". She is such a good writer - it always makes me feel good to read her blog!
Love your little blondie - your trick-or-treaters are adorable - and your Calzone looks delish!
Thank you so much for your reassuring comments on my blog - I felt so much better after reading them.
Hugs,
Barb
P.S. Good to have you back!
Oh my heavens you are busy! That new grand daughter is beautiful. I can't believe what happened to your house, that is awful, I can imagine how horrible. Thank you for coming to visit me. Blogging can be wonderful, but sometimes life just gets crazy doesn't it. I'm sure like you said though, someday I am going to miss these days of craziness. Just like that country song says. Take CAre!
Wonderful daybook Beth, I always enjoy reading what others are doing. You have been busy, and congratulations on your new granddaughter, Ginny. I am so amazed at how her mother delivered her. She is so adorable,.
I am glad to see you back, thanks for visiting me, it was so wonderful to hear from you.
Sue
Dropping back by to wish you the best New Year ever!
Love you...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Just checkin' in to see if you are doing well.
Still computerless (looooooooong story), but I realized I had messages in the thingy I needed to answer. Hope this finds you well. I have missed you and think of you often.
It looks like Mitt is going to have to wait till day after tomorow to get started in Tampa. It is calm up this way. Hope all goes well there.
Best of everything to you, my sweet one..,
XO.
Sheila
Oh! Very cute Halloween costumes! Wonderful post. :)
Fall hugs, my friend!
Love you...
XO,
Sheila
Beth, I did not know how to reply to your comment, so I am leaving a comment here. Please e-mail me at mariealicejoan at aol dot com and I'll try to answer all of your questions about the move to Europe!! Exciting times! xxoo
Thank you to all who have checked up on me. I do treasure your friendship.
I have health problems right along with my sweet mom. I have heard this happens to many caregivers. Currently I am wearing an ATM heart monitor and hooked up to a EKG at hospital for a month. Mom is our third parent I have have the opportunity/blessing of caring for and the doctors said it is taken its toll on me. Still it has been a priceless blessing.
AND... We are finally coming to a resolution with our 19 month old oil disaster on our landscape and home! It has been a L O N G process.
I hope to be back visiting and catching up with so many dear friends I have met here in blogland. I miss you and still peak in on you when I can.
Love, Beth
Oh wow! The baby is sooooo cute...
Acting classes dc
Post a Comment